WHO is a free online market research applet for those who want to understand their visitors beyond basic web analytics. Created especially for websites, blogs, and publishers, WHO provides real-time insights into who is visiting your site including their demographics,psychographics and behaviors. What else would you expect from the new leaders in streamlined, highly accurate online market research surveys?
Ambitious about growing your site, or just curious about the type of people visiting your blog of angry-cat-in-a-bathtub memes? We can help!
We believe knowledge is power! In the past only the biggest properties could afford access to online market research surveys that were scientific, statistically valid and useful. Crowd Science gives you that power — delivering small and mid-sized sites the same online market research insights and reporting the big guys use.
Forget relying on generic web analytics data to understand your audience. WHO provides you with best-in-class online market research that opens up a new world of insights about what your visitors are actually interested in and why. And our price for custom web analytics? It’s all free.
How it Works
WHO allows you to track and measure audience demographics, psychographics, and online behavior via survey-based technology. An invitation to complete an online survey is provided to a small sample of your visitors. The entire user recruitment, invitation and questionnaire process is fully automated, making our best-in-class online market research surveys painless..
The WHO applet is served as an overlay-based invitation, which uses HTML layers. Crowd Science invitations have been extensively tested across thousands of studies and millions of respondents. They are compatible with all site types and are proven to provide high response rates and a great user experience. As a result, our online market research surveys provide the proper randomness and response for highly accurate statistical data.
You have two options for serving invitations to your users, via toast or drop down.
There are 3 basic steps get you started:
- Step 1: Set Up an Account
- Step 2: Add lightweight tag to your site
- Step 3: Enable your research project
Voila! You’re ready to go. Survey data is collected in real-time, however it can take a little time (depending on the size of your site and response rates) before we see statistically valid results thorough enough to provide our superior custom web analytics.
- Crowd Science tag must be installed
- For meaningful monthly data, we recommend a minimum traffic volume of 50K page views*
*For monthly trended data, assuming a response rate of 1% and a maximum offer rate of 10%, a minimum of 50K page views is recommended. For smaller sites it is possible to continue to run the survey across a longer time frame.
What You Get:
- Core demographics (age, gender, income, etc)
- Option to select any combination of the following additional insights:
- Extended demographics (visit frequency, # children in HH, etc)
- Firmographics (co. size, title, purchase influence, etc)
- Category-specific questions (interests, preferences)
- One custom feedback question, optional
- Continuous or fixed-date research
- Ability to test survey & invitation before launch
- User-configurable sample sizes (no limits)
- Live, on-site testing of survey and invitation
- Real time dashboard-style reporting includes:
- Cross tabulation of results
- Searchable feedback responses
- Export data in .xls or .csv formats